Friday, April 23, 2010

Earth Day @ Free Bird!

Earth Day Thank Yous

Thank you so much to all of you who made Earth Day special for Free Bird, the musicians, the guests, and for me personally.
Last night was amazingly special, first of all, because of the amazing people who were there. Those of you who showed up for the group hug, you set the tone for the evening. Clemmy, thank you for letting me use your hugger, and I huge thanks to all of you who made it AND gave me pictures!


Once Zak appeared I was a bit nervous. I wasn't sure how weird it was that we were all hugging, lol, and I really hoped that the crowd would respond the same way I do when I go to his shows. Soon after he started playing my worries dissolved because the crowd did just that--they loved him and had a wonderful time to his excellent choice of tunes. Zak, YOU are my own personal Starman! Muah!


After Zak's set I quickly switched the stream to Voodoo Shilton who is a personal and dear friend to me whom I love very much! I met this man at a pub (I didnt even know he was a musician), and ever since then we've been inseparable. Voo's music has always had a unique sound to me that I haven't heard duplicated in SL. I love having him play at Free Bird and I see by the crowds response that they love having him, too! Sidewinder and the Elephant Song are my new favorite and the entire set was the perfect feel for Earth Day! Thanks so much Voo! Muah!

During Voo's set, CelticMaidenWarrior appeared and that was the MOST nervous I had been all night! I've seen her perform several times in SL, and every time she is AMAZING! I knew that it was a grat honor to have her at Free Bird especially since my limited funds could NEVER match what she is TRULY worth. Celti's set started and instantly the crowd grew silent. Most musicians or venue owners would worry at this point, but the silence was in reverence to the beautiful voice flowing into all of our ears. People were speechless apart from a few "wow"s and a couple of "i need a tissue, this song is so beautiful"s. Musicians in the crowd were in awe as well. Celti was instantly a crowd favorite when I received IM upon IM saying "We need her here again!", "I needed this I had such a bad day", "This is just what I needed to relax", "She's making be cry it's so beautiful", "I never want her to stop!" and many other similar responses. Celti won over all our hearts and spoiled us with an extra long set, which, judging by the crowd's reaction, nobody minded :) Thank you Celti for your wonderful performance and the beauty you exude as both a musician and a person. You are very dear to Free Bird and me. *hug*

I also want to give special thanks to Perky Button for 1) just being awesome ALL the time! I love you so much! 2) not making Zak feel lonely before the set 3) making those WONDERFUL t-shirts for earth day! Everyone loved them! :)

Special thanks also goes out to Zak and Kat for the blogspot pictures and blogs! You guys warm my heart and I love you dearly already! muuaahh!! big hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment